Wednesday, July 30, 2008

First, before I forget, I wanted to let you know that I will be leaving tomorrow for a camping trip with my family and will not be blogging for the next week. I've shared before, that living without my computer is a big struggle for me so this next week will be good for me to go technology free!

Now, on to some really good stuff! We have a friend that has been struggling in her marriage. Mike and I have been talking with and praying with her for quite some time. We shared with her the struggles in our marriage and how God has helped us. Last week, she made her final decision to divorce her husband and it broke our hearts. We both knew that God could change hearts because we experienced how He changed ours.

She had contacted the lawyer and was waiting on paperwork. Mike and I continued to pray for restoration. In one last attempt, I encouraged her to read our Pastor's message from last week on Hosea http://www.pontiacbible.org/index.php?/sermons/more/god_uses_ordinary_people_hosea/. She did and God used that message to change her heart. She was able to see and truly believe that God's love can overcome anything.

Restoration of a marriage - possible

She and her husband have both made the commitment to give their marriage 100% and both desire to make it the best that it can be! In fact, they will be spending the next few days on a vacation for themselves to catch up.

Praise God for His faithfulness and never give up! Nothing is impossible with God

Have a great day and a great week
Christie

No comments: