Friday, August 8, 2008

Here's a few fun pics from our trip:Here's me trying to stay afloat long enough for a picture after my children stole my floats

My son, building a stick house on the beach
Just us girls, hanging out - I can't believe how white I am next to my daughter!

Our kids with their cousin, Chase. Nathan was pretending that he was meditating to show his dad that he wasn't going fast enough.






My babies, driving the boat



My wonderful husband who makes sure that everything is taken care of for our time away



Good morning all my bloggy friends! I'm baaaack - finally. I actually have been back from camping for a few days, but my computer was being worked on and I just got it back. It's good to be back on track again - I have to admit, I'm lost without my computer.

I've continued on my study of the book of Acts without you - so sorry, but I would still like to share with you some things that I've learned over the past week. First of all, I just have to say that our God is so amazing! I read in chapter 9 about the conversion of Saul - o.k., this is big, listen or should I say, read carefully - Saul's mission in life was to kill or at least imprison all followers of Christ and he was very good at what he did. On his was to Damascus, a light from heaven appeared, God asked him why he was persecuting Him, made him blind and told him to enter the city. Because of the drastic experience, he was able to realize that the God he had been persecuting was real. At the same time, God told His disciple Annanias that Saul would be coming and to meet him. Ananias immediately questions God because he knows of Saul's background. This is the really cool part!!! God responds "Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel. For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of My Name." Did God just say that a hateful murderer of His own children is His chosen instrument??!! This gave me such hope and encouragement! I sometimes wonder how God could ever love me or use me because of all the mistakes I have made in my life but He does and He can! You and I have been chosen as instruments to carry the name of Jesus! What a humbling privelege!

Saul goes crazy telling everyone he comes in contact with about God. He makes a greater impact because people know his past and are amazed at his transformation. We too, can make a greater impact when we are open about our past mistakes. Make it real to others and they will be much more apt to believe what you are telling them.

Have a great day!
Christie




No comments: