Friday, July 11, 2008

A radio signal is being put out all the time - you choose to turn your radio signal on and listen or turn it off to not. God is similar - He is always speaking, we choose to listen or not.

I spent many years of my Christian life not hearing God. I was eteremely skeptical of those who said that He spoke to them and even called them crazy or liars. That was until my faith reached a point that I wanted to hear Him because I wanted to know His will for my life.

When I became intentional about seeing and hearing God, I was amazed at His appearing in my life. It is so cool now to explain to people how to be more intentional about hearing Him and have them come back in the same amazement that I did when they do.

It's funny though, for me, the amazement never goes away. Each time I hear God and see God in everyday circumstances I stand humbled and in awe. I cannot fathum that the God of the universe takes the time to speak to me!

Look around you and truly soak in God's creation, take encouragment from others to heart, take a walk alone, spend quiet time reading God's Word, spend some of your prayer time being quiet and listening for God, obey the nudge in your heart, take time to find pleasure in small things, listen to music with Christian lyrics. BE STILL!!!

Isaiah 1:2 Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth; for the Lord has spoken
Isaiah 1:10 Hear the word of the Lord
Isaiah 1:18 Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord
Jeremiah 1:4 Now the word of the Lord came to me
Jeremiah 13:15 Hear and give ear; be not proud, for the Lord has spoken
"The word of Lord came to ...." - too many times to mention here

God is speaking - are you listening?

Have a great day hearing from God
Christie

1 comment:

KelliGirl said...

Christie,
I loved this post. I have been thinking about this a lot lately--that God is everywhere. We just miss him lots of the time. Last week my computer crashed (certainly not a typical God moment) but I even found Him there! You're right that if we just tune in to His frequency we find He really is everywhere.

Like you said, it constantly blows me away that God cares about ME. So often I feel like He must have much more important or better things to do!

Blessings,
Kelli