Friday, July 25, 2008

Are you bold? Are you bold by the world's standards of arrogance and inconsideration or by God's standards of the ability to share Him with others irregardless of what they may think or say of you?

In Acts 4 Peter and John were teaching with boldness. In fact, thousands, yes, I said thousands of people had come to saving faith because of their boldness.

After they were arrested and imprisoned, they were told to leave and not to tell of Jesus or the miracles that they had performed in His name.

So what did they do in their boldness? They explained that they couldn't, not tell. They had to.

Then they got together and prayed for more boldness, asking the Holy Spirit to fill them. They were filled and continued to speak the word of God with boldness.

Can you tell what the moral of the story is? BE BOLD! BE BOLD!

I struggle with wanting to please people, I struggle with wanting to have a strong relationship with someone before I talk to them about God, I struggle with being intimidated - not so bold am I.

Lord, please help me and others who struggle with being bold. Give us the courage to stand firm in our knowledge of You. Give us the strength to resist being people pleasers and being intimidated by others. We want to be so passionate about You that we can't, not tell. In Jesus Name, Amen

Have a great day and a great weekend
Christie

No comments: