Monday, July 7, 2008

What a great weekend! We had some important preparations to make for the Fourth of July - my daughter needed just the right finger and toe nail polish for the occaison. It took way too long, but we have white finger nails with red and blue polka dots and red, white and blue striped toe nails. Oh, the issues of a pre-teen :) :)




The Fourth was a great opportunity to spend time with family and friends and we really enjoyed the day. Our plans of canoeing on Saturday were changed so we decided to stay home and get some much needed work done.

We had 2 last pig stalls that needed to be cleaned out. Now, we have never cleaned pig stalls but it was the time we needed to learn. It took all four of us between 6 and 7 hours to finally clean out the poop-dirt-hay mixture, but we did it! Look how beautiful our pig stalls are now! We now can use them for trailer storage. You learn something new everyday!

Something else we learned this weekend was what it sounds like when a rifle goes off in the kitchen. Yes, you heard me right. My husband had got up early to get a drink and when he looked out the kitchen window, he spotted another skunk lounging by the flower bed. He hurried to get and load the rifle, took the screen out of the kitchen window and shot the skunk from our kitchen! We have been teased about being hillbillies before, but this is ridiculous! A friend asked why we didn't throw him on the grill and have him for breakfast?!!!

Country life is so much fun!!!

We convinced our children that if they cleaned pig poop on Saturday, then we would take them for bowling and miniture golf on Sunday. So yesterday we soaked up some additional family time and I got beat at every game we played as usual. Last time we played mini-golf, I beat my husband. It was the first time in 17 years that I had beat him at anything! His winning streak was back yesterday so I will savor the one win.

Enough of my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed your 4th and I pray that, today, you will live your life in a way that is pleasing to our Lord.

Christie

1 comment:

much2ponder said...

Oh what I wouldn't give to go back in time and paint my nails with my little girl. Now she is 25 and she is a nail technician along with a couple of other professions. I miss those days. Glad to hear you enjoyed your fourth of July weekend.

As for the pig pen poo, I'll leave that one alone. lol.