Thursday, July 3, 2008

Well, after checking the weather this morning, it looks like we will have a great weekend with all our outdoor plans. Even though Chenoa is a very small town, we have a very large 4th of July celebration. It all begins in the morning with a flea market in the park, lunch at Mike's grandma's, parade, supper with friends and family and then off to the fireworks. It is so cool that this year our new home is located just a mile or 2 from the fireworks so we can sit in our front yard and watch. We then made plans with some friends to canoe on Saturday. I'm hoping the water will be high enough that I won't have to paddle. I figure, why be working when I'm supposed to be having fun. Then, we finally get to go back to our church on Sunday. With traveling and speaking engagements, it's been 4 weeks since we've been there. It's always good to come back. I hope your long weekend will be a blessing too!

I am in the midst of preparing to record a new demo cd for the ministry. I've been a little stumped as to what I'm going to put on it. I would appreciate your prayers in this matter because it is going to be making the first impression of my speaking to others.

Have a great weekend always remembering to put first what is most important - our God
Christie

No comments: