Friday, July 18, 2008

Good morning my bloggy friends! Even though I've been going through a little dry time in my spiritual life, God continues to be faithful. He is so good. I read a devotion this morning that talked about how when we seek to please people, we are not trusting God. Ouch! I am a people pleaser and find it very difficult to overcome. It also taught that we must humbly walk with God in a purified state. Ouch again! I have a difficult time seeing myself as purified too. I decided that I need to ponder what steps can be taken today to accomplish these things.

1. I will speak in the boldness and compassion of my Savior - irregardless of who I'm speaking to or who's around to hear
2. I will walk humbly with my God. Proverbs 25:7 "For it is better that it be said to you, "come up here." Than for you to be placed lower in the presence of the prince, whom your eyes have seen." I will not fall, today, to thinking that my way is the only way.
3. Being in a purified state. Jesus purified me when He died on the cross to take away my sin but purity is consistently making good choices. I will consistently make good choices, today.

I thank God that He is always working on me and He never gives up on us!! Praise God!
Have a great day
Christie

1 comment:

much2ponder said...

Yes! Praise the Lord for never giving up on us. He gives us what we need to walk in righteousness and holiness. As we allow him to show us more and more the parts he wants to help us to let go of, through our obedience he will have his way and bring us closer to glorify himself through our lives. God is good!