Monday, July 21, 2008

HAPPY MONDAY!! Hope your day is going well. I feel renewed after a great weekend. It had been a long time since my daughter and I had a girls night out, so we took the opportunity on Friday. First we had our nails done - she got a manicure and I got a pedicure. It was only the second time I've ever had one and oh, how I could get used to it - how relaxing! We then went out for Chinese food and then shopping. Fun, fun, fun!



Saturday, our church hosted a women's gathering that I attended and was so blessed by the fellowship and the message given. When I got home, we decided to go canoeing as a family. My husband rowed the whole time, but myself and my children all took turns with our oar. Sounds fair to me! The best part, and the part that I so wish I would have had my camera for, was when we came upon a beach with a huge mud pit. At first I told the kids they could just walk in all the mud, but soon they were begging to get fully covered. I agreed and they decided to pretend like they were having a wrestling match and were throwing each other, face first into the mud. If I would not have just got such a beautiful pedicure, I would have joined them - my daughter lost all of her beautiful polish in this endeavor but had a great time.



Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! Our youth pastor gave the message on Sunday and I so want you to read or listen to it. It was very powerful and spoke straight to my heart. Please check it out at http://www.pontiacbible.org/ - it was called Dare 2 B a Daniel.



We visited with my recently widowed, granny and then with my husband's grandparents. His grandmother has cracked her vertebrae in 2 places and is in alot of pain when she walks. We would really appreciate prayers for her healing. The doctor's say that it will heal on it's own if she rests for the next few months. Rest - is not a word in her vocabulary so please pray that she will accept the help that has been offered to her.

For those of you who are hurting, either physically, emotionally or spiritually:

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=e752ed6faca89c1d449e

Have a great day!

Christie

No comments: