Monday, March 3, 2008



Good morning all! I had a very busy, but very good weekend. It all started off with my baby sister's bachlorette party. She is getting married to a wonderful man who loves her very much on March 15. I will be reading the scripture at the wedding and she is really nervous that once I get the microphone, I won't want to give it back. I cannot believe that she thinks I talk too much, you would think that she would know me better than that! :) I was a little nervous about going to the party with her friends who are 8-10 years younger than me but I felt better when I found out that my older sister would be there. We had a great time visiting in a very fancy restaurant. When I am anywhere that is fancy or elegant, I am way out of my element. I have always had a very simple lifestyle. So, when the waiter told me that there were scallions in the mashed potates and I told him that I didn't like seafood. He looked at me very puzzled and explained that scallions were onions. Then I was reprimanded by the other girls when I wanted ketchup for my steak. It all was a little embarrassing for me, but everyone else got a good chuckle at my expense. I was really glad that I could embarrass my sister - which is one of my goals whenever we're together. Maybe I went a little overboard with some of my stories, but that's what happens when a girl who normally is surrounded by children gets the opportunity to hang with other women.
I try harder for manners next time.

Have a great day as we are servants to all

Christie

1 comment:

much2ponder said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun and don't worry about being a little older. You sure don't look any older than those girls to me. God is good!