Thursday, March 6, 2008

Are you prepared for what God wants to do in your life? Are you living each area of your life to the best of your ability? If you are not giving God your all right now, how can He entrust you with more? As I read Matthew 25:14-30 this morning, I thought about how the first two servants were pro-active with the talents their master gave them. They used what they were given to the best of their ability and were rewarded by being entrusted with more. The third servant was afraid, so he buried his talent and then was reprimanded and punished by the master. There was a time in my life that I was afraid to step out, so I told myself that if God wanted me to do something, He would just bring it to me as I sat. If he didn't bring anything to my couch, it must mean that He didn't want me to do anything. WRONG!! I allowed fear to be my guide. God says, do not fear.

Are you giving everything you have while you are at your job? (being on time, helping others, being honest, not stealing-time or materials, etc.) Are you giving everything to your family while you are with them? (Not being distracted while your spouse or children are talking to you, enjoy the little things you can share together, spend time laughing, talking and listening, etc.) The questions can go on and on.

Don't live your life by what's acceptable or the norm. Live it like Jesus is sitting right next to you all the time, like you want to do your best for Him because He is always with you!

Have a great day as we are servants to all
Christie

No comments: