Tuesday, March 4, 2008

In our small group we discussed the book of Job. We considered how in one breath Job was praising God during his suffering and the next, he was stating his case. I realized how I am much like Job - I have stronger times when I can praise God when times are tough, but there also are those pity party days when I feel so sorry for myself that I can only lament. I also considered the fact that I want to say that no matter what ever happens to me, I will never loose my faith. Job lost all his 7 children, everything he owned and then was physically tormented by sores and lesions on his body - could I endure all of that and still praise my God? I want to say yes, but I guess I won't really know until I was put in the situation.

The one thing that stuck out to me the most in the book of Job was how God had put a hedge around Job that satan was not able to penetrate. Satan had to ask God for His permission to bring any suffering to Job. If God put a hedge around Job, He can put a hedge around those we ask Him to. I want to be more deliberate about asking God for His hedge to be around my children, my marriage, and our family.

Have a great day as we are servants to all
Christie

No comments: