Thursday, January 24, 2008

Well, I'm officially old now. I have been noticing my dropping eyelids for awhile. Last month my husband pointed out a grey hair for me and when I didn't believe him, he pulled it out to show me. I couldn't even argue that it was my highlights because it was all grey to the root. Then yesterday, I was looking at my sagging neck and found that when I pulled on the loose skin, it stayed where I pulled it! I was horrified! I knew that I would age but I didn't think my body would be showing it so soon. As I reflected on the situation today, I realized that my aging body can be an encouragement - I know that as my body continues to age and fall apart I am getting closer to the time that I can have an eternal body in heaven! Yea!

On another note, I wanted to share a scripture with you that greatly impacted me yesterday because I have been so easily swayed by satan.
Finally, receive your power from the Lord and from His mighty strength. Put on all the armor that God supplies. In this way you can take a stand against the devil's strategies. This is not a wrestling match against a human opponent. We are wrestling with rulers, authorities, the powers who govern this world of darkness, and spiritual forces that control evil in the heavenly worlds. Ephesians 6:10-12
The point is that even when satan is working hard on us and we don't "feel" like doing what we know is right - DO IT ANYWAY

No comments: