Saturday, January 12, 2008

I just love the way that God speaks to us through His Word. I was reading John 11:1-44 about when Lazarus dies and Jesus brings him back to life. What was so cool about this scripture was the response of Mary to Jesus. She had sent word to Jesus that her brother was sick and ready to die, hoping that He would come back to Judea to heal him. Jesus spent 2 more days where He was and then traveled back. When He returned Lazarus had died and been in the tomb for 4 days. When Mary heard Jesus was coming she ran out to Him and said, "Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died. Even now I know that whatever You ask of God, God will give You." I have to imagine that when Jesus didn't immediately come back and her brother died, she was probably hurt. But irregardless, her faith did not waiver - she knew that Jesus was capable of anything, even when her heart was broken.

This is the kind of faith that I so desire.

No comments: