Thursday, January 3, 2008

Matthew 8:14-15 When Jesus came into Peter's home, He saw his mother-in-law lying sick in bed with a fever. He touched her hand, and the fever left her; and she got up and waited on Him.
Commentary:Peter's mother-in-law gives us a beautiful example to follow. Her response to Jesus' touch was to wait on Jesus and His disciples - immediately. Has God ever helped you through a dangerous or difficult situation? If so, you should ask, "How can I express my gratitude to Him? Because God has promised us all the rewards of His kingdom, we should look for ways to serve Him and His followers now.

God's message spoke deep into my heart today. When Jesus healed this woman, she immediately got up and served. I have not only failed at immediately serving when God brings me through something, but I also forget at times to even say "thank you". He is so faithful and trustworthy and I take that for granted. I will make the choice today to show my thankfulness to God for all He has done. Will you do the same? Ask Him how you can express your gratitude.

No comments: