Thursday, January 17, 2008

One of the blogs I keep an eye on each day is that of Lysa TerKeurst. She is the president of Proverbs 31 Ministries and someone I admire. She announced yesterday, a writing contest due tomorrow. Entrants post an article on their blog and the winner gets their article published in the P31 Magazine which is read by over 6,000 women. I immediately knew that I wanted to enter. It was quite interesting to me that just the night before, my family was gone and I had the evening to work on an article. I knew it was the one I would submit. I began looking at some of the other blogs of entrants, I soon was discouraged seeing the qualifications of the writers and the quality of their work. As I sat for awhile in my own little pity party, I realized that I am who God made me to be, He doesn't compare me with anyone else, so why should I. I will write the best article I can and will post it on my blog tomorow in hopes of glorifying God and helping others with its content.
Have a great day!
Christie

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Amen, sister! Don't believe that lie from Satan that you aren't good enough. It's not true, and it's a typical tactic that the evil one uses to discourage us from moving forward and sharing our message.

Remember...it's not about the platform or credentials. It's about God and who He made YOU to be. He was very purposeful in putting you together, and He has big plans for your life, whether or not that includes writing a book or winning a writing contest!

Thanks for commenting on my post. So glad it meant something to you.

Lisa :)