Monday, January 28, 2008

My weekend seemed to be way too short. In fact, I wondered why my alarm clock was going off this morning, because I just knew that it wasn't time to go back to work. Anyway, I wanted to share with you about a challenge that our pastor gave to us yesterday that I hope will be helpful to you. He listed the 5 following Proverbs:
Proverbs 10:19 When their are many words, transgression is unavoidable, but he who restrains his lips is wise.
Proverbs 19:24 The sluggard buries his hand in the dish, but will not even bring it back to his mouth.
Proverbs 10:25 When the whirlwind passes, the wicked is no more, but the righteous has an everlasting foundation.
Proverbs 30:8 Keep deception and lies far from me, give me neither poverty or riches; feed me with the food that is my portion
Proverbs 19:17 One who is gracious to a poor man lends to the Lord, and He will repay him for his good deed.
He challenged us to pick one (yes, I know I need them all) and focus on it, memorize it and apply it in our lives. The one I picked was Proverbs 30:8 because I want to work on being content. I want to want what I already have. I want to challenge you to do the same. For the entire challenge check out Pastor Brian's sermon at www.pontiacbible.org
As I read through some Proverbs today, I saw one that I know was written for me 30:2 Surely I am more stupid than any man. - I'm just glad that God hasn't given up on me

No comments: