Friday, February 27, 2009

Life can so easily bring us down. I often make the mistake of allowing my circumstances and busyness to keep me from taking the time I need with God. It really doesn't make any sense - when I am still and focused on my God, I am at peace. I enjoy and treasure each moment that I spend overwhelmed by who He is. My heart rests as I am surrounded by His presence. While in the midst, I want more - I want to stay, forever.

Interruption comes and off I go, again. Hurrying, deciding, and checking off the list. Why can I realize this as I sit and write, but in the midst of "life", I forget so easily??

Jesus came to be our light. It is during those me-focused times that I fall into the dark - stubbing my toe, most of the time. It is so wonderful to know that I don't have to stay in the dark. Jesus is my light. When I seek Him, I see how brightly He is shining - when I don't, I feel like I'm moving around without sight.

John 1:4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men

Are you "toes" hurting, bruised and tired?? Stop stubbing them and seek the Light

Have a great day and a great weekend
Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: