Thursday, February 5, 2009

Good morning! Like, I said earlier this week, I'm studying the book of Ezekiel. Some verses really jumped out at me in chapter 3.

The Lord is commissioning Ezekiel to announce God's judgement on Israel and in verses 18 & 19 says "When I say to the wicked, 'You will surely die,' and you do not warn him or speak out to warn the wicked from the wicked way that he may live, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. Yet if you have warned the wicked and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered yourself."

Wow! God didn't just commission Ezekiel but also commisions us all to tell others about Him.

Matthew 28:19-20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

This commision was given to every follower of Jesus. This is your commission from Jesus, and it is not an option.

As Christians, we each have the responsibility to warn others of the results of living their lives without God and the result of living their lives with God. We don't get the choice to decide who we tell and who we don't. Jesus said, "all the nations", not, whoever you feel comfortable with.

Ezekiel 3 reminded me of that ramifications of me choosing not to share Christ with others. If I choose to be silent, I choose to disobey God.

What will your choice be?

Have a great day and choose to say yes

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: