Tuesday, February 17, 2009

2 Corinthians 5:18-19 Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation, namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.



Because we have been reconciled to God, we now must encourage others to do the same.



Reconciling with God is #1 - next, we must reconcile with others.

Matthew 5:23-24 "Therefore if you are presenting your offering at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your offering there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and present your offering."

Back in January, when we visited a church with some friends, God began convicting me of a bitterness in my heart. A bitterness that I thought was gone because I had pushed it down so deep that it only reared its ugly head very rarely.

I felt the conviction and said I was sorry, but honestly, really didn't have any intention of fixing it. It just seemed too hard. God didn't leave it at that, though. He continued to speak to my heart through situations happening around me, through His Word, and through the mouths of other Christians.

I had negative feelings toward and spoke badly of a previous church I had attended. I felt hurt and didn't want to forgive or ask for forgiveness. God showed me how my unforgiveness was hindering my relationship with Him. It was sin. I needed to repent and reconcile.

Would it be hard? Yep

Would it be humbling? Yep

Would it please God? Yep


Problem solved.

I am meeting with some of the leadership tonight to reconcile. I will ask for their forgiveness for my actions, words and feelings. I ask for your prayers. My pride stands in the way alot of times, I pray that this will not be one of those times. I want to be obedient to God and I no longer want this to be a hindrance in our relationship.

What is hindering your relationship with God? Is there bitterness in your heart? Does your pride hold you back from reconciliation? Whatever it may be - I encourage you - listen to the calling of our Lord and obey.

Have a great day

Living fearlessly in Christ

Christie

No comments: