Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Good morning and welcome! The weather has been so beautiful for the past few days, I'm getting spoiled. Unfortunately, I think today is the day that it is going to go back to winter weather. Bummer - it's a good thing I soaked up what sunshine I could.

We need to learn to be thankful in what God gives and what God takes away.

I'm learning this lesson, once again. We have lived in this beautiful country house since May 2008. My family and I have LOVED living in the country! Nature and creation bring my heart closer to God. I have soaked up every moment that we have lived here. The quiet tranquility brings inspiration and peace. Due to some zoning issues, we started out renting our house with the intent of purchasing it when the re-zoning was complete. It is now for sale and because of some issues beyond our control, we will not be able to purchase our home.

I have to admit, that my heart hurts. This was a blessing that I really didn't want God to take away. After the initial shock, the worry of where we are going to live, and much prayer - I am making the choice to praise God for giving us this wonderful home for a short time - I will praise Him for taking it away - I will praise Him for what He has next for us. It is a choice - I will choose to praise.

The process of looking for a new home, has also been a prime opportunity for me to get better at submitting to my husband. In different decisions we've had to make in our search, God's answer has been to me, "submit to your husband, I am leading him". In each instance, Mike has felt God's leading and we feel at peace. I will praise God for His answer to prayer.

We continue to wait patiently for God to show us the home where He wants us to be. The patient part doesn't come easy to me, but the Holy Spirit reminds me each day of God's love for me, that He wants what's best for me, and that He is in control.

We ask for your prayers, not only that He will provide a home that is right for us, but that once again, we will learn to praise and trust in the One who is trustworthy.

What choice are you making??

Have a great day!
Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: