Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Good morning and happy birthday to our son, Nathan who is 11 today!! At this very moment, eleven years ago, I was in the midst of a pain filled, gut wrenching, 12 hour long labor. But the end result - was worth it all!!! I treasure our sweet boy.

I was sitting this morning, thinking about some great struggles that our friends are going through. My heart hurts when I see people hurting - especially those I love so much. I was wishing that there was something I could do to make things better for them.

Our struggles, much like the labor I endured 11 years ago, produce something much greater. It is through those times that we hurt so badly, that we learn how to rely on God and not ourselves. Going through the most difficult time in my life, taught me that God is enough. Without almost losing everything I loved, I would not have learned this lesson.

Knowing that our pain will produce something positive doesn't take the pain away but it does give us something to hope for. It does give our pain a purpose.

Think back about what your previous pain taught you and gain the strength to say thank you to God no matter what you are enduring right now.

Have a great day

Living fearlessly in Christ

Christie

No comments: