Thursday, November 20, 2008

This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. Have you ever had to keep reminding yourself of this. There have been many days that as I get to the point of complete frustration/melt-down-point, that I have to stop, get my bearings, pray and then force myself to sing "This is the day". Now, this doesn't take everything away that is happening, it doesn't really change anything, but my attitude. I believe attitude is key. Do I naturally want to have a good attitude when everything around me is falling to pieces? Absolutely not - but praying and singing of God's goodness, brings the reminder that I don't have any control, anyway. I helps me to focus on Him instead of my circumstances.

No matter how your day has been going, join with me today in singing "This is the day" because it just may give you new perspective.

James 4:13-16 "Come now, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit.' Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away. Instead, you ought to say, 'If the Lord wills, we will live and also do this or that.' But as it is, you boast in your arrogance; all such boasting is evil."

How many times have you heard the saying "life is short"? How many times have you heard "just do it" because "you only get one chance at life"? Why is it that when it comes to doing something that we know we shouldn't do, we justify it with these words?

When its doing the right things: obeying God, spending time with your spouse our children, loving others, etc., we tend to lean more towards "I'll have plenty of time for that when _____"?

Remember God is in control. It doesn't matter how many plans we make or why we make them - God is in control. Are you living your life and then asking God to bless it or are you living your life to be a blessing?

You and I are but a vapor - a vapor that can be sucked away at any moment. Are you ready?

Have a great day
Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

1 comment:

Lon Alderman said...

It's great to find your blog! A friend has the following statement as his email signature:

"Attitude is the difference between ordeal and adventure."--unknown