Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It was a rough night last night. Our daughter's basketball team lost in the 2nd round of regionals. The game went back and forth - staying tied the majority of the time. It was a very intense game but in the last quarter the other team pulled ahead and won. Oh how they cried. They all had worked so very hard and had a really great season at 21-4, but only saw the result of the one game that ended their 7th grade season.

How true is that for us so many times? We get so enthralled with our current circumstance that we easily forget the faithfulness of our God throughout our lives. When times are tough do you wallow in now or do you remind your self of what God has got you through? This is where journaling comes in as a great tool. When you have a record of God's faithfulness, you can easily look back and remember. Now, journaling is not something that I have done but I have found that by blogging, I'm doing something very similar. I have taken the opportunity to go back at times and read my past blog posts to remember God's faithfulness. We so easily forget - use whatever tool works for you to remember.

James 5:7-8 "Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. The farmer waits for the precious produce of the soil, being patient about it, until it gets the early and late rains. You too be patient; strengthen your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is near."

How are you at being patient? I can say that I'm better than I used to be but still have a long, long way to go. My patience is tried everyday in my profession of a daycare provider - some days my responses are better than others. I also, can be patient on waiting for some things that I desire, but very impatient on others. Patience is a virtue and something that God desires us to have. The farmer cannot rush his crop just as we cannot rush learning patience - it's a process.

We must look forward to our future reward as we use this time of patient waiting to further God's Kingdom. Our patience will pay off when our King has returned for us.

Have a great day

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: