Friday, November 21, 2008

Have you ever worried that someone was hopeless in finding Christ? I have to admit that I have. There are people in my life that I have prayed for, for years, because they reject everything I have attempted to tell them about Jesus. Well, yesterday was the end of my prayers for some one's salvation. A man that I often wondered if he would ever get it, got it!!! My husband and I and many others had been praying over the last 5 years and our prayers have been answered! God is so good! God is so faithful! I continue to thank Him for never giving up on us and I also continue to do a happy dance over one more friend that I will spend eternity with.

Now, on to our study of James. 4:17 "Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin."

O.K., you may be thinking that only what you do, causes sin, but James explains that what you don't do can also be sin.

Has someone that you don't really like, told you about their difficult life and you show no compassion for them or help in what you are able?

Have you known the truth about something and not or only partially share about it?

Have you kept your mouth closed when you wanted to speak badly about someone, only to continue the thoughts in your mind?

Have you seen a need and not fulfill it, when you are able?

Have you been prompted by the Holy Spirit only to reject the calling?

What we do or don't do can equally hurt our relationship connection with God. Keep your mind open today. Realize what it is that God wants you to do or stop doing. It is only through a closer relationship through studying His Word, prayer and quiet time with Him that will steer us more clearly.

Have a great day and a great weekend

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: