Tuesday, November 18, 2008

God accomplished something very big in me, yesterday. See, I have this tendency which is really dumb. A tendency in which is very difficult for me to overcome, but praying throughout the entire day, I did it for the first time. I have this tendency to get angry at someone who is angry at me. I know, it doesn't really make any sense, but when someone is upset with me, I get very defensive and become angry at them for being angry at me. This is especially true when it comes to my husband. I knew when he left for work, that he was angry over a misunderstanding - a miscommunication. As my defenses began to rise, I decided to stop and pray. I prayed that I would only respond in a way that would be pleasing to God. I prayed this and much more throughout the entire day as the situation would arise in my head. When he came home last night, I was able to keep a positive and non-defensive attitude throughout our entire discussion. I was amazed at what God had done. Because I know myself so well, I knew this was definitely not something I could have done on my own, so I have continued to thank God ever since. Our God is an awesome God who is willing to help us in any and every situation!!

James 4:8-10 "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Be miserable and mourn and weep; let your laughter be turned into mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you."

How can we draw near to God?
Submit to God
Commit your life to God
Recognize satan's lies and defeat him
Replace your desire to sin with leading a pure life in Christ
Have sincere sorrow for committing sin
Humble yourself before God

Those sweet words, "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you" have brought me much comfort. The thoughts of the God who created and sustains our universe, drawing near to me is an unfathomable idea but an amazing experience as I feel it happening.

Praise God for His goodness
Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praising God for His faithfulness in your life.

We ALL get that tendency girl! It is our stinkin' thinkin' that says, "Wait a minute, don't you see how much I do? Don't you see what I've done?"

That "ME" monster rears its ugly head whenever someone has the audacity to get angry with us (the hard-working, unappreciated, completely loving woman!)

I have to bellow, "2 Corinthians 10:5 - Take captive this thought and hold it obedient to you Lord Jesus."

Because I KNOW it is Satan whispering those prideful statements in my head.

You are not alone. Praise God you passed the test!