Monday, November 17, 2008

Good morning and happy Monday! Hope your weekend was good to you! My husband and I went to a marriage seminar on "the time starved marriage" by Les and Leslie Parrot. During that session, we were recommended to go to www.realrelationships.com and take a "time-style" assessment. This proved, once again, that opposites attract as my husband and I are at opposite ends of the time-style spectrum. I encourage you to also check out the website which is filled with lots of good marriage helps.

We also went to see "Fireproof" which I highly recommend. It was a realistic and moving movie. My husband and I's reactions were different to the movie. For him, it was discouraging because it brought up reminders of the past struggles in our own marriage but for me, it was a great reminder of the power of God to do amazing things in our lives. If you have seen it or when you do, let me know your reaction.

Today, I would like to stick with one verse. James 4:7 "Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you."

Although, submitting to God is not an easy thing to do, resisting the devil is sometimes even harder for me. I have allowed satan to conjure up some great lies in my head. I have allowed feelings to make decisions for me. I have not submitted to God at times, but to satan. The desires of our flesh can so easily be fallen to. They "feel" so right - how can they be wrong?!!

Resisting the devil is hard, but I've found from my own life experiences - it is so worth the fight! Even though giving into satan may give me temporary pleasure, when I resist and submit to my God, I gain a connection with Him that surpasses any earthly pleasure - a connection that I know will last for eternity.

God never said that following Him was going to be easy but we have to remember that the reward is so great, we can't even wrap our minds around it.

You and I will face temptations today. Will you resist satan or succumb to his lies. The choice is up to you and you alone.

Have a great day
Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: