Friday, November 7, 2008

O.K., I think I may change the name of my blog to "Dog Rescuer". Once again, yesterday, I retrieved my dog from a hog pit. Not Cooper this time, but his sister, Grace. When I saw Cooper in the backyard by himself, I knew I was in trouble. I went out and called for Grace but she didn't come. I needed to go out and look for her but couldn't leave my daycare kids, so I loaded them up in the car and drove our yard, the abandoned pig farm, and the roads around our house looking for her, calling her name, and praying like crazy. With no avail, I called my husband and told him the situation. He was going to finish up a few things at work and then come home to look. I decided to drive around the pig farm one more time and as I drove by the first pit, I saw a little white head bobbing in the middle. I ran over and saw my girl swimming for all she had. I carefully walked across the grates and in order to try and reach her, I laid down on about 3 inches of pig poop and reached down as far as I could. Now, this was not dry pig poop, but wet since I had been raining all morning. How lovely it was!! I was not long enough to reach her so I ran back to the garage and got a ladder. I set the ladder into the 3-4 feet of water and went in and saved my puppy. This was only the beginning as the kids and I spent the next couple hours washing, warming, and petting her dirty, stinky, shaking, afraid and cold body. She is now just as crazy as ever! Oh the joys of being a pet owner in the country!! :) :)

Our study of James today covers 13 verses so I will not write them out for you but I do want you to read James 2:1-13. This is a requirement, so don't try to get out of it!! :) I'll be watching you! It is so good!

First, I want to start out with my Bible's commentary on vs. 1-7 cause it just takes the words out of my mouth. "James condemns acts of favoritism. Often we treat a well-dressed, impressive-looking person better than someone who looks shabby. We do this because we would rather identify with successful people than with apparent failures. The irony, as James reminds us, is that the supposed winners may have gained their impressive life-style at our expense. In addition, the rich find it difficult to identify with the Lord Jesus, who came as a humble servant. Are you easily impressed by status, wealth or fame? Are you partial to the "haves" while ignoring the "have nots"? This attitude is sinful. God views all people as equals, and if He favors anyone, it is the poor and the powerless. We should follow this example."

Reading this makes me want to confess - I like to hang out with people who are like me. I usually do not make an effort to hang out with people who are very different than me.

This is wrong and does not please God. This is something that I will attempt to apply in my life and keep my eyes open to all.

When you think about Jesus when He lived on this earth - He was homeless after He left His boyhood home, He didn't have money, He didn't have prestige, He had power but didn't use it in worldly ways. He would have been one that many looked down upon in today's society.

Vs. 8-10 If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself, " you are doing well. But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors. For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all.

You are no better than anyone else. I am no better than anyone else. We are all sinners. We are all the same. Your sin is not worse than mine and mine is not worse than yours. It's all sin. Don't compare, but love.

Vs. 13 For judgment will be merciless to one who has shown mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment.

AMEN

Have a great day and a great weekend
Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: