Monday, September 21, 2009

This weekend brought a whirlwind of emotions for me. Friday afternoon, Mike and I made a road trip to the Bloomington RP and then to Canton IL to pick up some things. The kids didn't want to go, so we had a wonderful 4 hours together, alone in the car. Life is crazy sometimes and we don't get much time to just visit with each other so we both soaked up this wonderful date time!

Saturday we worked at home as a family and then headed to LeRoy to spend time with my baby sister (Courtney) and her hubby (Jordan) who were here from Detroit. Jordan's brother and his wife had just had a baby on Thursday and we celebrated this new life together. We were all visiting at my mom's house when Courtney gave mom a card that revealed 2 sonogram pictures - which told us that she was pregnant. We all were so excited and there were congratulations and hugs all around. As we talked about this wonderful news, Jordan's phone rang and was told that his grandparents had been in a motorcycle accident. We spent the rest of the evening praying for them.

On Sunday morning, we found out that the motorcycle they were on, blew a tire and it went out of control and his grandmother died in the accident. As we drove to church, I wondered why such a devastating thing had to happen in the midst of so much joy.

We don't get the privilege of always knowing why things must happen the way they do, but what I do know is that God is in control and knows much better than me. I ask for your prayers for the Whitted family. Thank you

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: