Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I've been thinking about my granny this morning. She is a very strong and capable 83 year old. We went to her house to mow yesterday and she had already trimmed and mowed part of the yard with her tiny push mower before we got there. While Mike finished mowing, she took me and the kids inside to cook supper and visit. After a wonderful dinner, we went out to the yard to dig up some flowers for me to take home and plant. She doesn't let me help and pushes me out of the way when I try to. Now, she didn't get this way from a life of leisure but one that brought hardship and hard work. She is kind, loving and caring but also a very hard worker that takes being a woman of God very seriously. She also gives me great perspective when I complain about not having this or that as she reminds me of what she had when she was my age - pretty much, nothing. Her and gramps raised their two boys on pretty much nothing but they are better for it, now. Her presence makes me feel loved, I love to be a blessing to her and I am so glad she is a part of my life. I hope to grow up to be like granny some day and be as much of a blessing to someone else that she is to me.

Have a great day

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: