Thursday, September 17, 2009

Have you ever been so overwhelmed by a task that you don't start it because you didn't know where to begin?

I have, many times but I decided to do something different this time.

My assignment was to write a paper on how God's redemption process runs through the entire Bible - book by book, people, events, themes, etc. I knew this would take a while and it was not the only paper due for next week, so I made the decision that I was going to spend all day on Tuesday to write it and get it off my to-do list.

I got up on Tuesday, showered, ate and then sat down with my laptop, my school books, my notes and my Bible. I began the session with prayer and went to work...... 6 hours later, my brain hurt, my eyes hurt, my back hurt, and I was only 1/2 done with my paper!! I was overwhelmed and when I thought about how much more I had to do, I was depressed too!

I grumbled about my lack of accomplishment for the day to my husband and he sweetly assured me that I would get it done and that having 1/2 done was much better than having none done.

He was right - through the grace and inspiration of God, I was able to get it finished on Wednesday. The relief of having it completed was wonderful but what was even better was the fact that I learned alot in the process about the Bible and about God.

What may seem overwhelming to me is definitely not overwhelming to God. Nothing is overwhelming to God because He is in control of all things. This was one more lesson of God's faithfulness and His ability to do all things - my only requirement is to say yes to His calling and be willing to be used by Him. It is so good to know that He takes care of everything else!

Will you let God have what is overwhelming you today?

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: