Friday, September 18, 2009

Good morning and happy Friday my bloggy friends! I truly hope this day finds you ready to serve the Savior!

I read Matthew 26:6-13 this morning about when a woman anoints Jesus' head with perfume. He is reclining at the table in Simon's home when she enters in and pours her jar of perfume over his head. The disciples get angry and think that a much better use of the expensive perfume would have been to sell it and give the money to the poor, but Jesus knew her heart and knew that she was making a sacrifice to Him.

I can't tell you how many times I have been stopped from doing something because I was afraid of what other people may say or think. I'm ashamed to admit it, but it is true. Whether it's not raising my hands in worship, not telling others about Christ or any thing else, I am rejecting God when I stop doing things for Him because of my own selfishness.

I was so encouraged by this woman. I don't know how many people were in this house with Jesus, but to her it didn't matter. It didn't matter what they thought or said, she was there for one reason and one reason only, to worship.

I can learn a lot from this woman and must make the choice to be a follower of Christ and show it no matter where I am and who I am with.

Lord, please forgive me for focusing on myself and others instead of keeping it all on You. Help me to be Your light, no matter where I am or who I'm with. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

Have a great day and a great weekend!

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: