Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Before I get started this morning, I want to encourage you to check out this blog of an amazing family www.buildingtheblocks.blogspot.com.

When I got up this morning, I took the dog outside to potty and play. It was a little foggy but as the morning has continued, the fog has become very thick and as I look out my front window, I can barely see the street in front of our house. Sometimes, this is how I feel - on one day, I can see God's plan for me and I can run full force but others, the fog is thick over my heart and I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to be doing.

As these foggy days have been around, I have been searching and soaking up the sweet Word of God. He continues to reassure me that He is in control and all I have to do is put one foot in front of the other and He will take care of everything else. He has a wonderful way of bringing peace and comfort to my heart, even when life is chaotic around me.

I read Matthew 23:37-39 today and it was about Jesus grieving over Jerusalem. In verse 37, He says "how often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling." Those words hit me - I wanted to, and you were unwilling. I wonder how many times God has said those words about me? The numbers are more than I can imagine but it really brings me comfort to know that He wants to hold me, He wants to help me, He wants my heart to have peace - all I have to do is let Him! I will choose to let Him - will you?

Have a great day

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

1 comment:

Emily said...

Thanks for giving me something to think about... :)

Found your blog while hopping from one to another.

Peace.