Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Good morning all my bloggy friends! My children head back to school tomorrow which makes me a little sad. Not only will I miss all their help with my daycare children, but I'm realizing that my babies are growing up. They both will go to new schools tomorrow, Liz with her friends, but Nathan will only have one boy in his class that he knows. I'm excited for the opportunity for him to make new friends but also know that it takes time. I just continue to tell myself to "suck it up" and keep praying!

Our pastor did an excellent job as he taught on portions of Acts 16 on Sunday http://www.pontiacbible.org/index.php?/sermons/more/god_uses_ordinary_people_lydia/

One thing that stood out to me in chapter 16 was verses 25-34 when the jailer was converted. Paul and Silas were in prison. Even though they were, they were singing and praying to God. At about midnight, there was an earthquake and the doors to the prison were opened. When the guard thought that everyone had escaped, he drew his sword to kill himself. Paul assured him that they were all still there. The guard immediately asks how he can be saved. They said "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household." They told him and everyone of his household about Jesus and they were baptized. They went back to his house and rejoiced.

This reconfirms to me how each action and each word that comes from me, makes a difference in the life of someone else. If Paul and Silas would have been sitting in the midst of a pity party in the prison cell, wallowing in their own sorrow, the jailer would not have been changed. They stood out to him, he noticed Jesus in them.

I cannot say that this is always true for me but I want it to be. I want to be better at overcoming satan's attacks and schemes that throw me instantly into my own pity party. I want to challenge myself and you to think of who may be watching before you take any action or let any word slip from your lips.

Have a great day
Christie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christie,

I've been enjoying your journey through Acts. Thanks for including a link to the PBC site.

Pastor Brian