Friday, August 15, 2008

The first verse of the 14th chapter of Acts excites me and I know it will for you too. "Now at Iconium they entered together into the Jewish synagogue and spoke in such a way that a great number of both Jews and Greeks believed." I want that and I know you do too - to be able to speak in such a way that many people believe! Through all the rejection, through all the pain, through all the mocking, this made it worth it - that many were believing.

How do I know that it was worth it? Because in verses 19-23 it tells of Paul being stoned. Some Jews stoned him until they thought he was dead and then drug him out of the city. But get this - he wasn't dead and was able to get up and go back into the city. Not only did he just go back into the city, but he left the next day on another journey to share Jesus with more people!!

Now I don't know about you, but I can tell you that this wimpy, self-pitying girl, would have laid in bed for many days to recover not only my physical body but my hurt heart. But Paul wouldn't hear of such a thing - God had changed his life and he wasn't about to stop telling people about it.

I want to be more like Paul. I want the strength to never be shaken from my mission. I know that you and I hold that strength within us because we have the Holy Spirit within us. It is our choice - are we going to keep on when our body hurts, when our heart is broken, when our mind is weary?

I guess this would be a good time to ask - what would Jesus do?

Have a great day
Christie

No comments: