Friday, February 15, 2008

Good morning all! I hope you enjoyed your Valentine's Day. I was reading this morning in John 11:1-37 about Lazarus dying and Jesus coming to Martha and Mary. I am so inspired by the faithfulness of Martha. We know her best for being too busy to sit with Jesus in Luke 10:38-42 but her faithfulness shows through in her statments to Jesus in verses 21&22. Martha said to Jesus, "Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died. Even now I know that whatever You ask of God, God will give You." She was disappointed that her brother had died, but she wasn't disappointed in Jesus. She knew of and believed in His power to do the impossible. Can we say the same? I find my self sometimes knowing in my head but not truly believing in my heart.

I am so thankful for the many examples in the Bible of men and women who believed in the God they believed in. Does that make sense to you? I think it is so easy for us to have alot of knowledge about God, but not be living a life that requires much faith. Does the life you live require much faith?

Have a great day as we are servants to all
Christie

No comments: