Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Good morning all! I had a friend tell me that she hated to disappoint me. She said that she knows when she is disobedient to God, she disappoints me so she tries not to. She is one of my accountability partners but I wanted her to be obedient for God, not me and I told her so. My husband was there and explained how when we were dating, he started out going to church because I wanted him to and to impress my parents. After we were married, he went to make me happy. But doing it for someone else, got him there and then after he was there God started working on his heart until he started going for himself and God. So sometimes going to church for another reason can lead into a relationship with God. Hmmm, I hadn't ever thought of it that way.

This morning God showed me John 10:22-42. Some religious leaders are questioning Jesus and in verse 25 Jesus says "I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father's name, these testify of me." and in verse 37 He says "If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe me;" Jesus knew that it would take more than His words to get people to believe in His Father. His miracles were to help people take notice of Him and then to listen to Him and then to believe in Him.

Instead of being hurt that she does things to keep me from being disappointed, I should praise God that I can have a part in her obedience.

Let me know what you think
Have a great day being a servant to all
Christie

No comments: