Monday, February 4, 2008

Good morning all! First things first, I did not win the scholarship contest, but the person who God wanted to win did. Congratulations to her! You can check out the winner at www.lysaterkeurst.blogspot.com. She hasn't been to She Speaks and I'm so glad she'll get to go. It's an amazing experience of God.

Secondly, I'm so excited! Our friend Troy is working on a new website design for Awaken the Heart Ministries. I just can't wait for you to see it. It will be coming soon.

Now, something for you to chew on. Our pastor gave us alot to think about yesterday in his sermon on avoiding folly (www.pontiacbible.org) but there was one specific thing I wanted to share with you today. When we allow our children to only do a task half-way, we are teaching them that disobedience is ok. Partial obedience is not sin. If you ask your child to clear the table and put the dishes in the dishwasher and your child clears the table and puts some of the dishes in the dishwasher and then leaves, he is being disobedient. If you finish up what he was asked to do, you are encouraging disobedience. I have to say that I do this alot! Sometimes it's easier for me to do it than to argue with my child. Easier does not make it better! My husband and I discussed this yesterday and decided that we both need to work harder at this. We want our children to learn at an early age that disobedience is never acceptable.
Have a great day and keep your eyes focused on Jesus!

No comments: