Monday, December 3, 2007

What a wonderful weekend I had! Friday night, I went on a date with my husband. Saturday, we had lots of sleet and ice so all our plans were cancelled and I had to stay home! Yea! I was able to get all my Christmas gifts wrapped and under the tree and all the Christmas cards addressed and ready to mail. Then Sunday, after a wonderful worship service, we witnessed 10 baptisms and celebrated with friends afterward. I just doesn't get much better. I so treasure the time spent with friends and family because there have been times in my life that I've taken them for granted.
I was reading in Acts this morning and came across chapter 13 verse 22 that says this: "After He had removed him, He raised up David to be their king, concerning whom He also testified and said, 'I had found David the son of Jesse, a man after My heart, who will do all My will.'
I love it when I read about David being a man after God's own heart. It excites me because David made many mistakes in his life, just like me and yet God still sees him as a man after His heart - just like me! I want to be a woman after God's own heart, who will do all His will. The hard thing for me is believing that He really can see me as this - even though I remember my sins and use them as excuses for not being who He wants me to be - He doesn't! He doesn't remember my sins so He can see me as a woman who will do all His will. God is so good.

No comments: