Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Have you ever been in a pit? Not a physical pit, but an emotional or spiritual pit? I sure have - I been at all levels, from getting close to falling in, all the way to being down in the deepest, darkest bottom. I have tried to climb my way back out, with the only result being, that I fall deeper. It is not until, once again, I realize that I have to surrender to my God and allow Him to carry me out. Because throughout my life, I have spent so much time "in the pit", I am very careful about not letting myself get close to one again. When I feel myself heading toward that direction, I know that I must seek God fervently.
My husband told me something last night that will forever remain in my heart - He gave the illustration: picture a person far down in a pit, with their hands outstreched - another person on solid ground, above the pit, with one hand holding God's and the other reaching into the pit for a rescue. He said that I was his "solid ground" person.
These few words meant so much to me. I know that God has put me on this earth to encourage others to live for Him. To know that I had this impact on my husband, gives me even more desire to tell others about my God.

No comments: