Wednesday, December 12, 2007

There are alot of laws in our cities, states and countries that we don't like or don't agree with. It is easy to disregard these laws when we don't think anyone is watching? How many of us drive over the speed limit and then get angry when we get a ticket. Disobedience has it's consequences. Speeding was something that I always used to do - without even thinking about it. That is, until one day, God started to convict me about it. Every time my spedometer would move past the limit, I would have this conviction come over me. I was frustrated at first, especially when I was running late for something, but then God showed me that He was protecting me. If I obeyed the laws, I would get to where I was going when God wanted me to get there. Have you ever been frustrated by having to wait in line? There is a reason for your delay - God could be protecting you from something.
I've also had to make changes in my daycare. There were many DCFS rules that I did not agree with and so did not comply with. When God showed me that I needed to follow all authority, I began to follow. It was both frustrating for myself, the children, and their parents, but I felt it was something I had to do to obey God.

Titus 3:1 Remind them to be subject to rulers, to authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good deed

No comments: