Thursday, November 8, 2007

Matthew 13:44-46 "The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in the field, which a man found and hid again; and from joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking fine pearls, and upon finding one pearl of great value, he went and sold all that he had and bought it.

My Bible commentary says: The kingdom of heaven is more valuable than anything else we can have, and a persom must be willing to give up everything to have it.

There have been many times in my life that I was willing to give something up in order to please God, but there also have been times that I was not. I can think of one case in particular, that I wanted something so bad that I did not even ask God about. I knew that it went against what He wanted for me, but I chose not to control my selfishness. Whatever it is that we want, that we consider more important than what God wants, is an idol. Until I finally made the choice to give it up to God, my relationship with Him was not what it should have been. I know now that anything that causes division between God and I is not something that I want. It's just not worth it. What are you allowing to come between you and God? Whatever it is, get rid of it at any cost.

No comments: