Friday, November 9, 2007

Mark 3:4-5 And He said to them, "Is it lawful to do good or to do harm on the Sabbath, to save a life or to kill?" But they kept silent. After looking around at them with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart, He said to the man, "Stretch out your hand," and he stretched it out, and his hand was restored.

I was reading the story this morning of Jesus healing on the Sabbath which enraged the Pharisees who were determined to destroy Him. Jesus knew what the right thing to do was. He was not concerned with the response of others around Him. How many times do we put what others want before what we know God wants. I think sometimes it seems easier to please a physical person and not have to deal with their reprimands - but in the true light of things, I would much rather receive reprimands from a person than from God!!!

I read other's blogs each day and some that I read are so light, funny and explain the daily happenings of a person. I considered the difference between mine and thiers. I began to wonder if I should be less serious and more light-hearted. As I thought about it, I began to realize that I know my purpose from God. His purpose for me is to tell others what He has and is teaching me. He doesn't ask me to be funny. He asks me to have a true God-seeking heart and then share with others. I guess my true heart is made for seeking and teaching. This is who God has made me to be and I must not apologize for that.

1 comment:

Rachel C. said...

You know, that got me thinking.