Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Galatians 1:10 For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ.

NAS Bible's commentary: Do you spend your life trying to please everybody? Paul had to speak harshly to the Christians in Galatia because they were in serious danger. He did not apologize for his straightforward words, knowing that he could not serve Christ faithfully if he allowed the Galatian Christians to remain on the wrong track. Whose approval are you seeking - others' or God's? Pray for the courage to seek God's approval above anyone else's.

One thing that I respect the most of the pastors in our church is their ability to "tell it like it is". Yes, as Christians, we need to be loving and understanding to others - but we should never sugar coat God's word. We never need to apologize for God's truth. There have been times in the past, that I have struggled with being straightforward when I speak with others, but am learning that in order to follow Jesus' example - I must not stray in any way when it comes to telling others about God and His will for us.

No comments: