Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I spent some time yesterday thinking about how some of the most difficult times in my life have taught me the most. Although most were caused by my own bad choices, God was still able to use the situation to teach, refine and mold me into a better person because of it. I think it is good to be able to look back and see how God pulled me through and what good came of each situation. I then can think on these things when I am in the midst of the next hardship. There are 3 things that God has shown me and that I can always count on:
1. His love never changes - He cannot love me any more or any less than He already does. This helps me to remember that I do not have to perform to make God love me.
2. I am not condemned, because I am in Christ Jesus. His sacrifice has taken my place. My eternity is secured.
3. God is always with me. There have been times when God was the only thing I had. He is always faithful - people are not.

No comments: