Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I was reading this morning in Ephesians 6:10-24 about the armor of God. The older I get, the more I realize how important this armor is. For most of my life, I was oblivious to the schemes of the devil. I thought that I was strong enough to resist, I thought I was smart enough to see when satan was working on me - I realize now that I wasn't and still am not. Satan can be so sneaky and crafty - he knows exactly what it is that will trip me up. Alot of the time, when I was in the face of temptation, I wasn't focused on defying satan, but on what my feelings were. This is why I must wear the armor of God at all times - I have to be ready and focused so that when the temptations come (and I know they will), I will be prepared to tell satan to get behind me! Always remember God's truth and will always, always override how you feel.

No comments: