Friday, May 8, 2009

Oh, I've found such great stuff studying the book of Matthew! Today, we're on to 8:14-17. Check out what happens in 14 &15: "When Jesus came into Peter's home, He saw his mother-in-law lying sick in bed with a fever. He touched her hand, and the fever left her; and she got up and waited on Him."

What an example for us! Let me ask you a silly question, has God ever done anything for you? Just to name a few: He created us, He loves us, He sent His only Son to die for us, He protects us, He blesses us, etc. etc. etc. How are you showing your gratitude for these things?

Peter's mother-in-law is healed and immediately begins serving Jesus. Immediately - not after she rested, not after she felt like it, not after she consulted with others - immediately.

I will serve our Lord as my offer of thanksgiving, will you?

Have a great day and a great weekend

P.S. Please be praying for me to be emptied and God to be revealed as I speak at Christian Fellowship in Pontiac tomorrow. Thank you

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: