Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Today I am leaving a post for the 400th time - that is a lot of words. How time has flown since the first time I attempted to blog - I think my post said something like, "I'm blogging for the first time and have no idea what I am doing." Interesting stuff, huh?

Words are a powerful tool that can be used to build up or tear down. In the past, when confronted with using self control with words, I would think of the spoken word. Last night, as I began a writing composition class, the professor reminded me of how important the written word is.

The written word is how God relay's "His story" to us.
John 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, which if they were written in detail, I suppose that even the world itself would not contain the books that would be written.

Jesus is the Word
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The written word is no different from the spoken word. We must be careful and choose the words we use wisely.
Ephesians 4:29 Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according tot he need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.

In the past, I have written letters/email/etc. to people containing words that I wouldn't speak to their face. I also have received the same from others toward me. Let's stick with this lesson - If you wouldn't say it, don't write it.

Have a great day
Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: