Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Have you ever heard someone say "God is not going to give you more than you can handle"? Now, I am not a Bible scholar or even close so I could be mistaken but could you show me where it states this in the Bible? I was thinking of this statement as I brought home my load of homework last night, wondering how I was ever going to get it done before next Tuesday. I realized that God gives me more than I can handle all the time - everyday. I can't handle anything on my own - I rely on Him for everything.

1 Corinthians 10:13 states that ..... "He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear" but it doesn't say that He will not give you or allow you more than you can handle. If He did that, why would we need Him?

Be careful of the words you speak. Some cliches are thought to have come from the Bible but are no where to be found. Keep your mind and heart in the Word and you'll know the difference.

Have a great day!

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: