Monday, April 13, 2009

Good morning and happy Monday! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter celebrating the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Our church had its service at Pontiac High School auditorium to accommodate more people and it was so good to see the seats fill up. It was an amazing experience of worship as the Holy Spirit dwelt among us. www.pontiacbible.org

One thing that stood out to me over everything else in the service was its "realness". As Christians, we are not here to pretend like we live in a bubble and are not tempted or suffer hardship but from our own experience, know that God meets us where we are. No matter what has happened in the past, what is happening right now, or what will happen in the future - God meets us where we are. He is faithful in every way possible.

I used to try to make God love me by doing "good" things. I reasoned that because of all I had done wrong, I would take a lot more "rights" to make Him love me and accept me. It was all a lie that satan had slyly slipped in my heart. God loves you and me. Nothing can ever change His love. Yes, that is what I said - nothing. When Jesus died, He took on all our sin - past, present and future. Nothing I do or do not do can change God's love for me.

Now that is GOOD NEWS! Now, I serve God because I want to not because I need/have to. My salvation is secure and you can have this same security. When you ask Jesus to be your Savior - to be God of your life, you are saved. You are forgiven. Praise God, your salvation is secure.

Have a great day as we continue to celebrate our Savior
Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: