Monday, November 2, 2009

Long time, no talk! Glad to be back with you today! Last week, I began studying the book of Exodus. As I read chapter 2 about the birth of Moses, God opened my eyes and spoke to my heart. Many of you have heard about Moses mother putting him in a basket and leaving him to float in the Nile river ever since you were a child in Sunday school. Pharaoh had ordered for all Israelite baby boys that were born to be thrown into the Nile and killed to keep from increasing God's people. Moses' mother had tried to hide him for 3 months but finally had to try something else to save her baby. Moses' sister watched as he floated past where Pharaoh's daughter bathed. The mother's heart must have been busting with joy and excitement when her daughter came to her and told her that she got to keep Moses and nurse him for pharaoh's daughter. I bet she soaked up every moment she had with her son. Verse 10 came too soon, "When the child grew older, she took him to Pharaoh's daughter and he became her son." Reading that verse broke my heart. If I were in her shoes, I would have been praying and hoping that God would intervene and allow me to keep my son. I cannot imagine the pain of giving my child away. I'm sure that her mothers heart was thankful that Moses was alive and well but how could giving him away be whats best for him.

This reminded me of how God's ways are not our ways. His "fair" is not our fair. Our hearts have to break sometimes to accomplish His will but we must remember, He has felt the pain of giving up a child and so much more. He understands but He also knows what is best for all involved.

Faith is believing that God knows what is best and accepting His will. Will this be joyful at times, for sure. Will this be heartbreaking at times, absolutely.

God is good all the time and all the time God is good.

Have a great day

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: